Global Information Systems has developed an application for the railroad industry that enhances emergency response during hazmat incidents. H-TRAM users (Hazmat Transportation Analytical Risk Model) can fully integrate emergency data and response efforts within the RailResponse application, creating a common data source for crucial information.
RailResponse uses track centerline data coupled with information on building occupancy within a 1000-foot corridor surrounding the route in order to provide the most accurate situational awareness information available and help responders make informed and effective decisions.
- Tablet and phone-based application for emergency response scenarios.
- Notifies users of blocked crossings and shows location of trains.
- Uses initial isolate and protect distances for safety zone delineation.
- Users can download and store location of Emergency Responders, including Fire, Ambulance, Police and Hospitals.
- Multiple basemaps available with aerial imagery and topographic maps, including onboard GIS capabilities.
- H-TRAM integration with Risk Mitigation and Response to provide detailed structure information on population density for strategic evacuation planning and response.
- Buffer capabilities for liquid spills and plume modeling for gas releases to evacuation zones are based on hazardous material characteristics - additional functionality accounts for weather conditions, such as wind, if connected.
If you would like for one of our industry experts to contact you with more information about our emergency response tools, please feel free contact us directly or fill out the simple form below. Thank you for your interest.